Born in Washington, D.C., Arthur Queen graduated from Fairmont Heights High School and attended both Prince George’s Community College and Delaware State University. He also received a Glass Management Certificate from Georgetown University. Arthur and his wife Sandra of over 30 years relocated to Atlanta, Georgia in 1985. He currently resides in DeKalb County, Georgia.
In March of 1986, Arthur established Ebony Glass & Mirror Company, Inc. now known as EGM Services, Inc. – where he continues to serve as Chairman of the Board. His primary objective continues to be to establish effective customer relations and provide the general public with satisfactory service in the construction industry.
Arthur Queen has received public recognitions as follows:
- 2011 – Atlanta Business League – Business Hall of Fame
- 2009 – Greater Atlanta Economic Alliance – Small Business Award
- 2001 – Parren Mitchell Award
- 2001 – Inducted in to the NAMC of Hall of Fame
- 1998 – Love Life Christian Fellowship Church Award
- 1997 – U.S. Department of Commerce recognized Ebony Glass & Mirror as the
Atlanta Regional Minority Construction Firm of the Year
- 1997 – Atlanta Business League Leadership Award
- 1996 – National Association of Minority Contractors Leadership Award
- 1996 – Ebony Glass & Mirror was recognized by the Atlanta Business Chronicle as Atlanta’s Fastest Growing Company.
Mr. Queen has also received Governor’s proclamations from the States of Maryland and Georgia.
Arthur is a member of the following organizations: 100 Black Men of DeKalb, National Association of Minority Contractors where he served as the National President for 4 years, Georgia Glass Dealers Association, Atlanta Business League, DeKalb Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, Georgia Association of Minority Entrepreneurs, Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council, Greater Economic Alliance, and DEBCO where he served as chairman of the board. Mr. Queen serves on the Board at his church, Love Life Christian Fellowship Church.
Mr. Queen has truly created a legacy for his children and their children and plans to retire and act as a consultant in the near future.
Mr. Queen is an avid golfer and has a bowling average of 205 with 7 perfect games.