As the Founder and CEO of RudHil Companies, Hilda Abbott, is a passionate leader, entrepreneur, and real estate professional with over 20 years of experience. She has worked in various sectors in the Real Estate industry such as property management, investments, development, commercial, and residential properties. Throughout her career, Hilda has brokered, managed, and assisted in over $700 Million in transactions. Hilda is a proud Latina who sees the real estate industry changes and loves to educate those around her.
Before founding RudHil Companies, Hilda was the Chief Operating Officer and Partner of an Atlanta-based commercial and investment firm for 7 years. Prior to that, she served as the Business Development Manager to a privately owned investment firm, specializing in redevelopment of impoverished communities in Miami, where she gained extensive experience in Low Income Tax Credit and government backed housing assistance.
Hilda earned her bachelor’s in business administration and management from St. Leo University. She is currently continuing her passion for learning, pursuing her Master’s in Real Estate Studies from Georgetown University.
Hilda Abbott – Atlanta Real Estate Industry Leader
An industry leader, Hilda has earned a myriad of certifications and recognition, including:
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- National Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- LATINA Style Magazine’s Entrepreneur of the Year award for 2019
- Volunteer Award for 2019 from the Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- A feature in the May 2019 issue of Mujer Magazine as Un Ejemplo de Valentía y Determinación
- Notable Mention on the 50 Most Influential Latinos of Georgia list in 2019
- Latina of Excellence award from the Latinos in Information Sciences and Technology Association in 2017
- One of the 50 Most Influential Latinos in Georgia (2020, 2021 & 2022)
- The Hispanic Business Woman of the Year in Georgia by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2020 & 2021).
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors Over 20 Million Dollar Club (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors Over 30 Million Dollar Club (2022)
- Northeast Metro Atlanta Association of Realtors – Diamond Award (2021)
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals – Top 250 and Top 100 Southeast Region – 2022
- Moxie Award Winner – Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce – 2022
Hilda is also actively involved in multiple professional organizations. These memberships include:
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- National Association of Realtors
- Northeast Atlanta Metro Association of REALTORS
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
- Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GHCC), Atlanta and as a judge for the HBC’s Business Accelerator program
- Platinum Member of the Atlanta Chapter of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals
Through her commitment to being the best leader for her team, Hilda has completed various leadership programs. She participated in the GHCC’s Cultivating Hispanic Leadership Institute program in 2019. She received her Leadership Certificate for completing the Executive Communication and Leadership Presence program from Emory’s Goizueta Business School in 2018.
Certifications and Accreditations
Hilda regularly studies to gain knowledge to assist clients and agents at RudHil. She has successfully completed these certifications and accreditations.
- Certified Asbestos Class III from Triangle Environmental Consultants
- Certified Occupancy Specialist from the National Center of Housing Management
- Accredited Resident Manager
- Georgia Qualifying Real Estate Broker
- Currently pursuing her National Commercial Building Contractor License
Volunteer and Charity Initiatives
Hilda always manages to take time to work on initiatives close to her heart. She gives back to the community through charities like Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Autism Speaks, and Certified Breast Cancer Initiative.
Hilda strives explicitly to uplift and empower the Hispanic community with her vast knowledge and experience. She is passionate about education and is a proud advocate for the Hispanic Mentoring Priority, helping to elevate and educate Hispanic children.
Additionally, Hilda travels annually to the Dominican Republic to gather and donate school supplies to help the caregivers of orphans and students in need.
Hilda serves on the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce board of directors. She was recently named chairwoman of Reclaim Gwinnett Place Mall Community Partners Advisory Board. She also serves as the co-chair for the Hispanic Business Center (HBC), a division of the Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GHCC). Hilda previously served as a board of directors for the Latin American Association.
When she is not working, Hilda enjoys traveling, working with animals, and giving back to the community by volunteering with non-profit organizations. She is married and is the mother of 4 furbabies.